Friday, March 4, 2011

Book review. "Joyfully at Home."





This book"Joyfully at Home" by Jasmine Baucham, is a book for young ladies (yes, and older women :)  on vision and hope.

My mom and I along with my younger sister Emma, are going through this wonderful book together.  In the mornings on most week days if you happened to be dropping by or just peeking in our living room window, you would find us sitting on our blue couch, us girls sitting on either side of momma. (Me in my big blue robe if it is a chilly sort of day. :)  And thus, we begin.

I have found this book challenging yet encouraging women what it truly means to be joyfully at home.

The chapter called "What is joyful Contentment?"  Focuses on being content where the Lord has you at that present time.  That there is no "perfect" state of life, such as wifehood, motherhood, singleness, what have you.  There will be struggles and trials through ever stage of life.  But not to despair,  God has placed us exactly were He wants us to be.

One of the many chapters that struck home for me was the one titled, "Overcoming a False view of Husbands."  In where dear Jasmine points out that  husbands will not be perfect. That we would be marrying a sinner.  That he ain't all Prince Charming.
(on that note we will not be all flawless perfect maidens)  
That was something I never really thought about until recently.  Ya know?  Marrying a sinner......
a sinner like me.  

Jasmine, with much wisdom and humor, writes this book like she is sitting on a park bench having a conversation with you.   It is so encouraging and challenging, it really makes you think!

I recommend this amazing book to all women striving to be truly joyful at home.  

3 comments:

  1. Reading, and loving it! :D
    YLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Really enjoyed it. I think I want to read that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this such an awesome book!! I'm only half way through reading it, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete