Monday, November 22, 2010

Give Thanks!

This is the time of the year that we really think about what we are thankful for.  Of course we need to be thankful to Our heavenly Father all day every day.  But this is time that we really start thinking about the first Thanksgiving and why the Pilgrim's were so thankful to God.  And it makes me think how privileged I am in living in a free land, where we can worship God in the way we think is right. 

I know there are times when we struggle with different things.  Hard things.  But, we are so blessed to have a God that loves us and hears us when we cry out to Him.  And I find that when we are going through tough times, it helps when we say some of the things we are thankful for.  Maybe keep a diary to right down a few things each day.  And then when we go through tough times, looking back on all the things God has given you and done for you, can really help you keep things into perspective
Here are some things that I am really thankful for.

~ My merciful,  heavenly, all knowing, all  righteous God.  Who is faithful and loving.  Even when I mess up.

~ God's Holy Word.

~ My amazing wonderful family.  Who love me...even when I mess up. : )

~ Freedom.

~ Good food. : )

~ My sisters in Christ. 

~ Hot tea.

~ Chocolate....milkshakes....chocolate....peppermint....cinnanmon....hot chocolate..... : )

And there are some of the many many things I am thankful for! 
Thank you dear God for all these things!

My dear readers,  What are some of the things you are thankful for? 




~



~      

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I am very thankful for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so glad he loves each and every one of us even though we don't deserve it. I am also thankful for my family, good friends, a wonderful home, oreo milkshakes :),
    and various kitchen gadjets that are so very useful when you're cooking! LOL!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Love,
    Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. That we have the freedom to gather w/ friends and celabrate Thanksgiving. My Savior who meets all my needs. My awsome family. My friends. My animals. :-)
    That great peppermint candy you made the other day!!!!
    Love you,
    YLS

    ReplyDelete