Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The days ahead.....

Here we all are stuffed with turkey, dressing, and pie.  Now what?  Well in our family we are starting to get ready for Christmas.  Setting up a tree, reading our advent story, and cooking peppermint candy. (We are all done shopping for one another : )  

I LOVE Christmas shopping for my family!  I could not wait to get started!  (So, now, I am done really early : )  And in my mind I have lots of things I want to bake and cook, candy, cookies, and cinnamon rolls.  There is so much that I want to do and am excited about.....but....most important thing of all that sometimes I don't pay as close attention as I should.  It is that Christmas is the time when we think and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus.    

I can get SO rapped up in the busyness and excitement of the season and forget (at lest for a moment) what I am really suppose to be doing and thinking about. 

Jesus, our King, came into this world as a humble baby.....to save US!  Sinner's that do not deserve to draw the breath that our King gives us!  But since He is a kind and merciful King, He gave Himself for US!

Let us all, remember why we really celebrate Christmas.  And NEVER forget what He has done for US!

Do you go through similar experiences and thoughts?  I would LOVE to hear form you! : )

2 comments:

  1. Your so right. Jesus is the reason for the season. :-)
    YLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Christmas is a wonderful time of year!
    I sometimes find myself wrapped up in the many activities that come with the seasons.
    Thank you for reminding us of the true meaning of Christmas: Jesus.
    Love,
    Beka

    ReplyDelete